torstai 24. maaliskuuta 2011

Confessions part I

Hey guys... I took this poll from Sofia and I kinda liked it so here's my version :D

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?

I got my first eyeshadow-lipgloss makeup kit when I was like 6 years old and that's when it started. I didn't wear makeup daily at that age but I sort of played with it first and then in about few years I started wearing eyeliner and mascara at school and stuff.

2. How did you get into makeup?
Well.. I got my first kit when I was 6 from my "auntie" Anne, who works as a make-up artist. So, it was so cool to have someone teach you how to wear the stuff and show you what's what and make you look pretty on your birthdays and special events in school eg. halloween :D

3. What are some of your favorite brands?
I don't have an expensive taste and I'm not a brand person, but the basics that I find in my makeup bag is Isadora, Rimmel, MsChic, Makeup Store (just a couple of eyeshadows), Maybelline... Then again most of my eyeshadows are from a department store, H&M or from another country. I guess I'm cheap :D

4. What does makeup mean to you?
Makeup is important to me. It makes me feel beautiful and feminine. But then again I hardly ever wear it during the week, because I want my skin to rest and I don't think there's no point of using any makeup when one has so much dance practises as I do :D
Druing the weekends, I always wear makeup, especially when I go out.. every weekend that is :D I love to use colours and give different contrasts to my eyes.

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
Foundation, bronzing powder, eyeliner and mascara.

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
It makes me feel pretty and confident about myself :)

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup and high end?
Well first of all I don't know anything about it and whatever the case, I prefer cheaper brands :D

8. What is one tip of advise you can give to a beginner?
Many people say that less is better, but I don't agree, entirely. It really depends on your eyecolour and shape, the shape of your face and colour of your skin. Also hair colour and generally style matters. Makeup is supposed to highlight the best features of your face, but I also think it shows something of your personality. I feel that the colour of your makeup should either be a complementary colour of your eyecolour or it should somehow match with your outfit.

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
I have to agree with Sofia on this one: putting foundation on your lips so they seem the same colour as your skin. How dumb is that? It's like girl, you look dead, take that shit off.
Second. I don't understand fakelashes that make you look like a damn drag queen. It just looks unnatural, duh, but also like you're growing something out of your eye. Some lashes just don't fit people at all and they look like separate pieces of whatevers on your face.
Third. Using a bronzing powder too dark for your skin. It looks like you have a pigment problem on your face.
Fourth. Using an ugly, unnatural, overly pink shade of blusher on the wrong part of your cheek. Like wtf.
One was asked, I gave you 4 :D
Johanna Tukiainen ja Nassu-koira esiintyivät Maria-show'ssa.
A good example of the lashes... Here's the one and only finnish "celebrity" Johanna Tukiainen.
And btw Kelis looks absolutely hidious with her lashes...
10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
I don't follow any of that on YouTube, but I've seen some tutorials and tips to do certain looks. It's good to have something like that incase you need it, but I just prefer to do my own looks :)

Feel free to tell me what you think..

Ei kommentteja: